In attendance: Susan Hara (representing Elaine Brown), Graham Stafford, Mary Gauthier, Diana Hopkins Rosseel, Pamela Bandy- Dafoe, Scot Caldwell, Alan Kary, Linda Williams (chair), Sherry Aylesworth (scribe) and Andy Rush
Regrets: Jerry Weller
1. Approval of minutes from May 3rd, 2018: approved
2. Treasurer Report: Pamela: See attached report
Action: Pam will review financial statements at each meeting. This will be helpful to new members.
It was suggested to take the last audited statements and the actual projections and transactions and create a report for new members to refer to.
It was also suggested that at some point in future it would be good to review operational costs of choir.
3. New Member Orientation and Role Transition:
Time was taken to do a meet and greet with new board members and former board members.
Diana gave a history of the choir.
Linda described how the board works. She passed out a report- OV Governance. This document reviewed the following: governing principles, mission statement, statement of ethics, practices and policies, governance structure, duties of directors and orientation to the Board.
6. Descriptions of roles and responsibilities: These descriptions can be found in bi-law- article 5.5
The following people have accepted the following positions:
President: Linda Williams is willing to do this role, but it will be discussed with Skot in case he is interested.
Secretary: Mary Gauthier
Treasurer: Pamela Bandy Dafoe has agreed to continue in this role.
Ongoing roles: OV Board responsibilities 2018
Membership: Mary Gaudet- member relationships=new member intake and orientation, issues, registration dues and respond to emails
Graham Stafford will do data management and send out emails to choir
Music Committee: Alan Cary
Concert Committee: Skot Caldwell
Promotion: Jerry Weller
Community Events: Linda Williams
Choir Governance: Alan Cary
Library Resources: Alan Cary
Social: Linda Williams
Accessibility: Linda Williams
Church Liaison and close up: Linda Williams
Rehearsal hall opening:Diana Hopkins Rosseel
Sound Tech Head: Diana Hopkins Rosseel
Term feedback: Mary Gaudet and Graham Stafford
Website liaison: Susan Hara will continue to input items and resources onto website and Graham Stafford as support
The membership role came up for discussion. It was discussed whether to divide role between new member intake, data management, orientation and liaison. Or, should there be a board membership person who coordinates a membership committee and the committee members can take on these roles. This to be discussed at later date along with possible other role responsibilities and division.
Graham shared some ideas concerning having on-line registration, automated emails etc…
8. Board meeting schedule for fall- to be deferred
9. Membership update- Pam: There are 99 members registered for next year. Elaine sent a report to all Board Members. There are still a few members who are not included in this report due to the extension that was given. Susan will re-send this report with updated information asap.
10. Concert issues: deferred
11. Financial report: see attached report
12. Coffee House– Linda will take this role on.
12. OV Member’s request to use rehearsal announcement time to advertise non- OV choral events: was formally discussed at last meeting and an announcement was made.
13. Ray Croxford: John Thomas wrote a email requesting and email go out to the choir to assist Ray’s wife. An announcement went out from the choir. The Board agreed that a lobby announcement can be made. Susan will respond to John.
14. Additions to minutes:
Board social: Alan to host
Ticket sales: e-blast went out for ticket sales
Next Board meeting: June 20th- Andy’s or Sunday June 24th- chair: Alan Cary- to be determined